Chocolate & Orange Tiger Tail CupCakes
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 30 mins | Serving Size: 6
- 1 Hostess™ Orange CupCakes Dessert Kit
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups cold whole milk, divided
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, divided
- 3 tbsp orange sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 6 jumbo muffin cups with paper liners. Whisk together Orange CupCakes Flavor Instant Pudding Dry Mix, flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In separate bowl and using electric mixer, beat together sugar, eggs, butter and oil until light and fluffy. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture in 3 parts alternately with 3/4 cups of milk in 2 parts, starting and ending with flour mixture, and scraping down bowl as needed between additions.
- Remove 3/4 cup batter; stir in 1/4 cup cocoa powder until blended.
- Divide half of the orange cake batter among prepared muffin cups; add 2 tsp chocolate cake batter to each muffin cup. Divide remaining orange cake batter among muffin cups, then divide remaining chocolate cake batter among muffin cups. Using skewer or tip of paring knife, swirl batters together.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until tester comes out clean when inserted into center of cupcakes. Let cool completely on rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare Orange CupCakes Flavor Cream Filling Mix with 1/2 cup milk according to package directions. Stir in remaining cocoa powder. Transfer to piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe frosting onto each cupcake. Garnish with Drizzle and sprinkles.
- Tip: Alternatively, make 12 standard-size cupcakes instead of 6 jumbo ones.