Orange CupCakes Pudding Éclairs
Prep Time: 40 mins | Cooking Time: 25 mins | Serving Size: 25
- 1 Hostess™ Orange CupCakes Dessert Kit
- 1 cup water
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 3 1/2 cups cold whole milk, divided
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add a parchment paper on a full baking sheet or use 2 half sheet pans. Combine the water, butter, and salt in a small saucepan; heat until the butter has melted and the mixture is brought to a boil. Add the flour and cook the mixture over medium heat, all while stirring vigorously, until the mixture smooths out (1-2 minutes).
- Let the mixture cool for 5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time and combine until it is smoothed out.
- Using a standard size cookie scoop, portion the batter onto the baking sheet to create 25 original shapes (each éclair should have a similar size for an even cooking process). Space them out about 1” apart to allow for expansion.
- Bake the pastries for 10 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and bake for an additional 10 minutes until pastries are a medium golden brown.
- While the pastries cook, follow the directions on the packaging to create the Orange CupCakes Flavor Instant Pudding and Cream Filling Mix and fill two separate piping bags with the finished mixes.
- Remove the pastries from the oven. Make a small slit in the top of each, and return them to the oven for 5 minutes to allow the steam to escape. When they’re cool enough to handle, use the slit on top to fill each éclair with the Orange CupCakes Instant Pudding and layer Cream Filling mix on top. Garnish with the desired level of Drizzle.