Twinkies™ Birthday Cake Waffles
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 30 mins | Serving Size: 6
- 1 Hostess™ Twinkies™ Dessert Kit
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 6 Hostess Twinkies®, chopped
- 1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles, divided
- 1/2 cup cold whole milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- In large bowl, whisk together Twinkies™ Flavor Instant Pudding Dry Mix, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until combined. In separate bowl, mix together eggs, buttermilk and melted butter; stir into flour mixture. Fold in chopped Hostess Twinkies® and 2 tbsp rainbow sprinkles.
- Preheat waffle maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Ladle or pour 1/2 cup batter into each waffle iron to cover about two-thirds of the grid surface. Close lid; cook for about 5 minutes or until steam stops emerging from waffle maker and waffles are golden brown and crisp.
- Meanwhile, prepare Twinkies™ Flavor Cream Filling Mix with milk according to package directions.
- Serve waffles with Twinkies™ Flavor Cream Filling and maple syrup. Sprinkle with remaining rainbow sprinkles.
- Tip: Drizzle waffles with melted chocolate if desired.